Saturday, March 5, 2011

Like a Fox....


I know I have been talking a lot about how I want to be more crafty. Well, I finally feel like I have made some progress.

Dan helped me move my Desk out of the guest room and set up a little craft area for me in our living room. I like the setup, because I can still watch TV or Dan play Xbox while I am crafting!





First, I made some hair clips for my nieces out of buttons. I just needed to by the special bobby pins and buttons. I used a glue gun to attach the button to the bobby pins.
It was pretty easy, and I liked picking out the fancy buttons to use.






My next adventure was making magnets. I made some out of bottle caps and some out of the decorative glass pebbles. The bottle cap ones were fairly easy. I just need to sand out the inside of the bottle cap, glue a nut a magnet then to the back of the bottle cap. Next, I will try to flip the magnet over and put a picture in and fill it with resin. I just need warmer weather so I can open our windows, so I don't gas myself with the fumes of the casting resin.





The glass magnet were my favorites, I cut out cool designs from magazines and glued this to the back of the pebble with fabric glues. That way the glue will not eat through the paper. then I glued a magnet to the back of the paper.





I also started to make paper beads out of magazines. I love finding pages that will make interesting beads.






Lastly, I started making stencils and making T-shirts! This was a hard process. I found the template online, then printed them off on card stock. I cut out the stencil with an exact-o razor and then taped the stencil to the shirt and used a roller brush to paint on the shirts. I am very pleased with how they turned out. We have a white chair from Ikea that I would like to stencil on, but am not sure what design to stencil on. Any suggestions? I did get this book, Stencil 101, so I am excited to keep stenciling things! My nephew is obsessed with Lawrence Welk, so I think I am going to try and make him a shirt for his birthday!








When I finally finish my granny square blanket I will post pictures, but it won't be for awhile.



What are you making? What should I try next?

5 comments:

  1. What kind of paint did you use on those shirts? They are so cute!
    I am still sitting at 7 beads total :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was just fabric paint, nothing too fancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I NEED a stencil shirt! hmmm, would love to see all the stencils! Good job crafty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly! What color of shirt do you want?? I have a fun design I want to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like shades of blue & greens! :) im smiling at the thought of what this design could be! :)do NOT tell me!

    ReplyDelete