Sunday, January 8, 2012

Limboing in Purgatory

So begins a New Year! And along with the new year comes reflecting on the past year and looking forward to what is to come.
I have been reading a lot of memoirs lately, and most of the time I think to myself I could do this, I have a lot of thoughts, opinions, and strange stories I could write about....Then I thought, I have a blog, I can write on there...

This last year Dan and I had a few opportunities come up that we thought would bring us out of Ohio and closer to home. But as luck would have it, it just didn't happen that way. We were (maybe still are) disappointed, but we have decided that wee need to make the most of our time here, while we still have it. Never in my life would I have thought that I would be living in Ohio, let alone more than 4 years in Ohio, but here I am getting close to year 5. And though it seems like EVERYONE we know are moving on, having children and getting married, we feel stuck. Ohio is now synonymous with purgatory. We always thought this was going to be our stepping stone onto the next best thing. I am starting to think this may be this is it!

We have really been thinking about what we want to do and are thankful we have the time to do that. We are learning to be PATIENT and are realizing that we need to stop being frustrated that we may not be doing what everyone else is doing or that we aren't closer to home. We decided now is the time that we can try new things. For example, I signed up for an improv class, Dan wants to do an open mic comedy night and so on. We can keep making plans for future, but we are learning when things don't go as planned that we should use it as another opportunity to try something else.

Columbus is a lovely city. There is a lot of good food and places to see. And most importantly, Columbus is fairly cheap*!
So until the next thing happens, we will be here limboing in purgatory!


*Don't believe me?!? You should come visit!!!

1 comment:

  1. Please please pleeeease skype me and/or video Dan's open mic night!!!

    ReplyDelete