Sunday, July 22, 2012

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

Well, here I am with another overdue post! First, I would like to thank those you have helped support my etsy shop Mitty McC! I had my first non family/non acquaintance/non friend purchase yesterday! Keep spreading the word for me. My newest addition to the shop is a friend ship bracelet set. If you have an ideas or suggestions of what you think I should sell, let me know.




I have finally made an official announcement to work that I will be going to graduate school at OSU this fall for my Master's in Social Work as a full time student. They have allowed me to stay on part time. I am very excited! School starts on August 22nd, so wish me luck...I think the academia world will be a big adjustment from Corporate America, but I am looking forward to the change of pace. I am not 100% sure what I will want to do exactly, but I would like to combine my paralegal certificate and experience with the social work field. I am meeting with an advisor on Tuesday. I just bought a book bag and am now counting down the days until the fun begins! This also means, I will probably be blogging more to help avoid doing school work... Dan and I have had a pretty laid back summer. I went Pittsburgh for a bachelorette party, and participated in a pole dancing class. Don't let anyone fool you, that is hard stuff! I took the next level of improv classes in Columbus. Dan and I have played movie trivia. We also made it back to Iowa over the 4th of July for my best friend before preschool's wedding and to see our families and friends. It was crazy hot, but a lot of fun! The wedding was beautiful as well! The theme song for our trip was Call Me Maybe! We also got free tickets to the Airborne Toxic Event last weekend. It was a blast!


 

Next weekend we are going to have a houseful of visitors from Iowa (Jamie, Katie, Derek, and Vanessa) ...I am resting up now to make sure I can keep up! We are going to go to the Heart concert, sing karaoke, go to the North Market, drink and eat like champions!

 Things we are looking forward to in the upcoming months:
-Caitlin and Zane's Wedding in Pittsburgh
 -Mumford and Son's Concert in Columbus
-School Starting
-Going to Madison for the UNI/Wisconsin Game

 Things we are enjoying at the moment:
 -HBO Go (especially Big Love and The Sopranos)
-Of Monsters and Men
-First Aid Kit
-Sweet Corn
-Blueberry Pies
 -Summer Shandy
-Weekend Coffee
-Nightly Walks in our neighborhood

1 comment:

  1. so cool that you are going back to school! wish we could join you guys at caitlin and zane's wedding - I am sure it will be a good time!!

    ReplyDelete