Saturday, January 22, 2011

Going Ons...

Well the temps in C-bus have gone below zero for the first time this year along with our first hefty snow.I love how it looks outside, because finally, it is winter here!

Dan's birthday is coming up next week (the 25th), and we are also going to the OSU/Purdue(more like Pur-DON'T) game. I am super excited and slightly geeking out over this, because I will actually get to see a number 1 seed in the country play a NCAA bball game against another ranked team! In case you didn't know, I love college basketball I often listen to the ESPNU podcasts at work and will often curse the east coast school loving (mostly Duke) Doug Gottlieb under my breath...
I have even taken the Friday of March Madness off work. I should have done this last year, as it killed me not to be able to check in on the games throughout the day. I am super excited, but will super depressed once basketball is over and baseball will start...

I really don't have a lot of OSU fan gear, but will be wearing my OSU script shirt from Homage. It is much like Iowa's RayGun site. What can I say, I like sassy shirts!

A goal of mine for this year, will be to acquire more OSU gear and attend more OSU events!


So I joined a bookclub, in hopes of getting back into the hang of reading again. The first book, Freedom by Jonathan Franzen, is not quite what will pull me back into the swing of reading regularly, granted I am not far through it at all, but I am not sure if I want to be. I am not finding a connection to characters and I really don't care about them or what happens to them. It reminds me of The Great Gatsby, which I very much hated in high school, and angered my teacher when I voiced that opinion in my class. I will keep you posted though!


I am still crafting and have been making paper beads and bottle cap magnets like a mad person!
My next goal is to learn more about print making and stencils! I will keep you posted, because I am sure you are dying to know how that goes!

We are also thinking of planning a big trip to Europe. My brother and his family are moving to Germany, and maybe we can go see them. And also, since Dan is taking Swedish, it might be good to put his practices in use. The sad thing is, that this trip may be comparable in price to our trip to Iowa for Christmas...Not sure where we will go or anything, but we did talk about going back to Iceland for an extended layover and then to Europe...Any suggestions? Where would you want to go?

Other than that, there is not much going on here! I will be having some visitors from Chicago in a couple of weeks and am super pumped!

2 comments:

  1. youve jumped on the Ohio bandwagon, huh... ack! i guess hopefully not in football! :)
    I hope you had a good birthday! sorry for the belated wishes! Hope you guys are doing well and staying warm! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Panthers fan first, then an OSU fan... I will never be a Hawkeye fan!

    Hope all is well with you in AZ!!

    ReplyDelete