Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Put it in Print!

Happy New Year!
My birthday is very close to the new year, it is January 3rd. I am not sure I am a huge fan of the date, but it works. I have never been one to get overly excited about my birthday, but I had a good one this year. You see, by the time my birthday rolls around most people are tired of celebrating things (Christmas Eve, Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and New Years). Also it usually the first day back from Christmas Break and when most holiday sales and deals end. People are usually not happy it is January 3rd. Looking back, I do remember getting a lot of re-gifted lotions and bath gels from Bath and Body Works, mostly in the scent of Country Apple...Any way my parents were always good about not combining my Christmas gifts with my birthday gifts. I even had a pool party once! I may not have had a pool party this year, but it was still fun. Dan and I went out to eat at Surly Girl. We came home and I opened some gifts! Thank you to all who sent me something or wished me a happy birthday! It means a lot, especially because deep down I know you were dreading to go back to work/school...




One of things Dan got me was the book Lotta Prints. I am super excited to try the stuff in there, I think it will be a lot of trial and error, but it will be an adventure. Maybe I will blog about it!



I have always liked prints. In fact when I was a Textile and Apparel major, I wanted to be in charge of picking out fabrics for designs. But in order to finish the major and minor I had to master sewing...


I love the aesthetic of things in nature. I like prints with leaves, birds, owls, trees and flowers.
Here are some examples of what I am trying to describe.

Right now I am in love with Orla Kiely! I just cannot bring myself to sped $50.00 or more on a wallet right now...







I am also thinking of getting a new bedspread for the guest room. I love this quilt:





A friend I went to high school with has a great Etsy page, Urban Ecology, with cute and decorative pillows:





And there is always Amy Butler:







Do you have any suggestions of anything I should check out? What is your aesthetic?

No comments:

Post a Comment